Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hacking the School 3D Printer to Save Money

Since taking responsibility for running the 3D printer at school I've been trying to figure out how to cut the costs on the ridiculously expensive filament cartridges that Stratasys sells for $260 a piece, and thanks to the fine work of the people at Have Blue and Gnurds a coworker and I were able to hack the printer cartridges so they could be refilled with generic 1.75mm ABS plastic filament, dropping the cost from $260/Kg to $30/Kg. Now that printing with the 3D printer is affordable there's all sorts of projects that are waiting to happen...

7 comments:

  1. Hi I want to do the same in my school in Mexico. do you have a manual or a tutorial to achive this? Please Help us!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Material do you use for the printer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. toner stampanti HP

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. 송파 대우이안 이스트원 아파트

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. goldenslot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. slot machine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. Entrümpelungsfirma

    ReplyDelete